Thank you from your winner – Jack!

jackcarlyleWhat a crazy fortnight that was – my hands are still recovering from the intensity of these live chats! You guys really put my speed to the test, and I’m honoured that you think I was keeping up ok.

I wasn’t sure what to expect from “I’m a Scientist, Get Me Out of Here” – initially I had visions of eating gross insects, stranded on a desert island, but it turned out to be the most fun I have had all year. You all had so many questions; some of them were jokes, some of them were intriguing, most of them were genius and they pretty much all made me smile. I’m so grateful you decided I was worthy of winning this event. *prayer hands emoji* from the bottom of my <3

It was great doing this alongside such brilliant people, too. Sheona, Giuditta, Craig and Flavia are four fantastic scientists, and I’m proud just to be considered their equal. The moderators behind the scenes have been incredible hosts (especially modjosh and modemily), working hard so we can all communicate – something which is really important in both science and the wider world. And thanks to the teachers who signed up to this and helped to run a virtual classroom.

I hope you all learned a few things this week, and I hope you’ll continue to expand your curiosity about the world and universe around you. The truth is out there.

#Jack <3

Posted on November 25, 2015 by modangela in News. Leave a comment